What is a blog?
A blog is a series of “posts” (articles) that sit on your website. Blog posts were originally used by businesses to engage with their target audiences by inviting comments and facilitating conversation.
These days however, blog posts take many forms. They may be called “insights”, “news”, “thoughts”, and so on. They may be written as an article, or recorded as a video (vBlog).
How long is a blog post?
400-600 words (standard blog post).
600-800 words (in-depth or complex blog post).
What is the layout of a blog post?
- Intriguing and/or SEO optimised heading
- Informative opening paragraph
- List format, or content broken down into 2-3 sub headings
- Includes 1-2 hyperlinks to other pages on your website
- Call to action
Why do a blog post?
One of the most significant benefits of blog posts is their ability to help you rank better on search engines. By writing about topics that your target audience is searching for online, you can increase the number of times your website shows up in searches.
Blog posts are also a great way to create valuable, shareable content. You can promote this content on social media, or share it with industry influencers who may then share it with their followers.
Every blog post should offer valuable and insightful information, while positioning you as an expert and thought leader in your industry. They also need to sound authentic, and align with your company’s tone of voice and brand.
The benefits of blog posts include:
- Positions you as an authority
- Provides valuable, shareable content
- Helps you rank for additional keywords on search engines
- Improves overall search ranking (because you’re keeping your web content fresh)
- Builds trust and credibility
As experts in SEO copywriting, we can help you create and execute a blog post strategy that achieves these results.